Pages

February 14, 2010

Design Practicum: Project 3 Introduction/Explanation

This blog will eventually be an outlet for my "pillow talk, pipe dreams, rants, and ravings", but for this semester I will be using it to document the third project for my graphic design practicum. To get everyone up to speed, I thought I'd briefly explain project 3 to you.

This project is designed to introduce students to the general graphic design community, as well as educate us in the professional activities necessary to stay current in the design business. Secondarily, this project serves as documentation for both Projects 1 and 2. These will be addressed more thoroughly in a later post.

Project 3 provides a list of professional interactions common in the design community. Each activity is assigned a point value. Over the course of the semester, students are tasked with completing their choice of activities from the list, ultimately accumulating 100+ points. At the end of the year, we will present our records of these interactions, in addition to documentation of Projects 1 and 2.

So, as I said earlier, I will use this blog to document my progress on Project 3 for the rest of the semester. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment